(A Year Long Certificate Course In Counseling Psychology For Post Graduates)
PGCCP (Post Graduate- Certificate Course in Counseling Psychology)
The PGCCP is a year long counseling course for the people having completed their graduation. It is an autonomous course run by EMOTICONS India for aspiring counselors and those wanting to refine their skills in the field of counseling and psychotherapy. It focuses on the practical application of psychological theories and testing through the classroom engagement, mock sessions, field work and supervision by professional faculty members. This teaching approach to counseling psychology is unique as it offers a more hands-on learning environment, and equips an individual with an all-rounded set of skills, preparing them for work in the practice of counseling and psychotherapy.
Format of Course:
– Online mode of learning
– Offline mode of learning
– It provides an in-depth understanding of and supervision on specific therapy techniques including REBT and Play Therapy, as well as in-depth orientation for CBT, which the prospective counselors can fit into their practice while catering to the needs of their potential clients.
– It provides the opportunity of working on various projects with the team in different capacities, including dealing with voluntary clients.
– It equips the prospective counselors with skills to step out and start practicing as a certified counselor.
– It emphasizes on extensive and intensive practical sessions and training supervised by qualified trainers.
– It exposes the students to various guest lectures by experts in their respective fields.
Annual pattern of examinations with 2 terms.
In addition to the written exams, the course also emphasizes on different forms of assessment. The nature and design of assessments would be different for each of the subject components.
– The course is for the duration of one academic year (July 2021- May 2022)
– Lectures are held from Monday to Saturday, 3.5 hours a day, with 2 subject classes per day
– The timings:
(Morning Batch: Monday-Thursday, 10:00 am – 1:30 pm IST, Friday-Saturday: 8:00 am – 11:30 am IST)
(Evening Batch: Monday-Saturday, 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm IST)
– The admissions will start from March end 2021
– Download the application form (Click on the Application Form button)
– The filled application form should be submitted offline, or online through an email on firstname.lastname@example.org, before 10th June 2021
– Candidates who fit in the criteria will be called for an interview
– Personal Interviews will be between 12th to 16th June 2021
– Final List of selected candidates will be out by 21st June 2021
– Make payment through cash/cheque/net banking by last week of July 2021
– The course commences on 12th July 2021
This component will focus on the essentials of developing and constructing a psychological tool as well as administration and application of various psychological tests used in the counseling practice.
This component will focus on a general overview of major psychological disorders, skills case taking, and understanding the use of ICD and DSM.
This component will focus on studying the various concepts of psychology relevant to counseling and its application in the therapy setting.