Counseling is an interactive process characterized by a unique relationship between counselor and client that leads to change in the client's behavior (overt changes in the way clients act, their coping skills, decision making skills and/or relationship skills), beliefs and values (ways of thinking about self, others, and the world) or emotional concerns relating to these perceptions, Level of emotional distress (uncomfortable feelings or reactivity to environmental stress) (Welfel E.R., Patterson L.E., 2005)
At EMOTICONS India, clients are provided with a confidential, supportive and non-judgmental environment. Our focus is also to help people to look at themselves in a new perspective, gain confidence, and take charge of their own lives.
The sessions provide individuals the opportunity to speak freely, discuss personal issues and let us help you to mitigate them.
EMOTICONS India offers counseling in the following areas.
Individual counseling: (Adolescents and Adults)
- Bullying and peer pressure
- Study habits and poor performance
- Low self-esteem and lack of assertiveness
- Body image issues during adolescence
- Feeling of unhappiness and loneliness
- Interpersonal difficulties including conflicts, shyness, decision making difficulties
- Adjustment issues adapting to the family, school, work and relationships.
- Inability to concentrate and sleep at night, excessive worry or a constant feeling of fatigue
- Stress, anxiety, anger and depression
- Grief related to the loss of a loved one
- Thoughts of suicide, suicidal tendency and other similar problems
Relationship and family counseling
- Providing a confidential dialogue and resolving differences in your relationship and therefore strengthening ties
- Giving an opportunity to reflect upon the difficulties in a relationship and providing a direction for a change in the presence of a counselor
- Developing client's social skills to enhance relationships
- Providing every family member a chance to be heard without fear
- Developing strategies and skills to deal with grievances, stress and burnout
- Improving Problem solving and decision making skills
- Enabling clients to understand and build on their strengths, recognize and work on their weaknesses effectively.
- Reducing work life imbalance
- Improving motivation and morale at workplace
Play therapy (Children)
- Psycho-social challenges
- Emotional regulation and personality development.